Global Domination (Competition 3)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Global Domination (Competition 3)

Post  Archis on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 am

Good afternoon! We have 10 open slots for this new competition. These 10 positions are determined by a first come-first serve basis. Sign up in the forum by replying to this topic. When replying, tell me what the color of your country is and what you will name it.

The game is pretty simple to follow: Annihiliate your opponents, gain more land, and attain power

What you can do per turn:

A) Skip your turn
B) Increase naval power (+10 ships)
C) Increase weapon strength (+1 up to a level of 20)
D) Pose an alliance with another country
E) Assimilate one piece of land (denote the piece of land you want as row x column y)
F) Wage war

Explanations:

When waging war, I will send three math problems to the two or more competitors. The one with the most wins two cell blocks of land from a foreign territory. You can only pose war with a country that is 5 blocks in any direction (horizontally, diagonally, and vertically) away from you.

To assimilate one piece of land tell me the row number and column number. Your success is determined by if you can solve 1 math problem correctly.

By increasing naval power, you have more troops to deploy in wars. By gaining more weapon stregnth the math problems I send will become more difficult.

Limitations:
You can only do one of the following things per two hour periods. You can wage a war, increase naval power, increase weapon stregnth, and assimilate one square only once per day. You can do all these actions together once a day as long as you meet the two hour period difference.

The following is the map:
Archis
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://nysmithmath.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Global Domination (Competition 3)

Post  Angelica K on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:49 am

I officially call the Yellow country, which is going to be called Illyricum.
Angelica K
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:54 am

uh... ill take dark blue. i guess i really don't care which one
Steve
The Cool Cube
The Cool Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Global Domination

Post  Nithin B. on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:29 am

I will be the purple part. I will call it digitopolis.

Nithin

Nithin B.
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Hail to the new countries of Illychrium (Angelica K.), I guess I don't care which one (Steven), and Digitopolis (Nithin.) As I have mentioned this is first-come, first serve so people may still join but the game is officially commencing today.

affraid Day I: The rise of primitive civilizations

Using random.org, I will decide the country's weapon type (sticks and stones, bow and arrow, or hunting animals.)

Illychrium: Your civilization has exemplified expertise in construction of boats, wattle-and-daub houses, and other buidlings. Their major weapons are sticks and stones. You have 10 naval fleets to wage war with either I guess I don't care which one or Digitopolis

I guess I don't care which one: Your civilization has developed into strong warriors, using bow and arrow techniques. The inhabitants have adapted to the cold of the North and have recognized you as sole dictator. You have 10 naval fleets to wage war with Illychrium.

Digitopilis: Arctic hunting animals, such as wolves and other canids, are loyal to your people. You have 10 naval fleets to wage war with Illychrium.

As always, the above was just junk. When you wage war, I'll give you a math test which will be posted here on the forum. (You're weapon type doesn't matter when waging war, it's only good for making alliances.)

You can increase your naval fleets (+10) to make it a 20 question test. You can increase weapon strength, to increase the difficulty of the test. You may also assimilate one square by giving me the row and column of which (this must be one square away from your country at most.) Expanding your country is only so that you can play (wage war) with all the other competitiors.

You can do only one of each of these actions per day, along a 2 hour difference.
Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolks on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I will be the red country and I will call it ... Yggrasill

Coolks
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Coolks wrote:I will be the red country and I will call it ... Yggrasill

Hail to the new country, Yggrasill (Coolks)

Yggrasill: Random.org has decided your country shall call upon the stregnth of the bow and arrow. Your warriors are fierce, and their markmanship is unmatched. You have 10 naval fleets. You may wage war with Illycrium (Angelica) and I don't care which one (Steven). If you form an alliance with whoever claims the green territory, you will be allowed to attack Digitopolis (Nithin B).

The fun starts when the wars ensue! Feel free to crush your opponents. Very Happy
Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BCase on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:15 am

I will take the green country, and call it The Land of the Pharaohs (or Pharaohs, for short).

BCase
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dash48 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:14 am

I'll be the light yellow one in the middle and I'll call it Ojia

Dash48
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:13 am

Dash48 wrote:I'll be the light yellow one in the middle and I'll call it Ojia

@Dash48: The yellow country has already been claimed as Illycrium. I'll make Ojia the orange (closest to yellow that has not been taken) country.

Hail to the new countries of Ojia (Dash48) and The Land of the Pharoahs (BCase):

The Land of the Pharoahs: Your people are highly in tune with nature. They call upon both sticks and stones as weapons. You have 10 naval fleets. You may wage war with Illychrium (Angelica K.), Yggrasil (Koolks), Digitopolis (Nithin), and Ojia (Dash48.) Your civilization both may be threatened and threatening: it can attack or be attacked by many countries.

Ojia: Sticks and stones as well. You have 10 naval fleets. You may wage war with Illychrium (Angelica K.), I don't care which one(Steven), Digitopolis (Nithin), and the Land of the Pharoahs (BCase.)

Remember to begin waging wars (10 question math test) or assimilating land (1 question math test.) Tomorrow, I may begin making disputes over land, fish, naval occupation, etc. using random.org to pair up players. Very Happy

Note: Four players left and there will be no empty land for me to destroy. affraid
Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Recently, I got an email message from Angelica K on how to command your country. Commands should be in-forum based and not through email. The answers to the math problems however should be emailed to archisrb@gmail.com or private messaged to this forum account. Sorry, for not clarifying. Very Happy

silent Day 2: Wars and New Land

Illychrium has requested to assimilate cell (row 6, column 9) All other countries that wish to gain land must designate the cell that they want, and answer the following math question through email or pm:

Spoiler:
(Easy) The sum of four consecutive integers is 2. What is the smallest of the four integers?

Questions begin as easy and as you increase weapon strength they will gain difficulty. As I have mentioned, I will start creating disputes between countries.

Using random.org, the countries of Yggrasil and the Land of Pharoahs have reached a dispute over fish in the vicinity. Yggrasil (Koolks) and the Land of the Pharoahs (BCase) have some time to debate their case and make alliances with other countries in the area. A math test will be sent to determine the winner of both the fish and land.

Brown land represent's free land that can be taken if you send 3 naval fleets there. Striped land is land that may be taken if you answer the math question correctly.

Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelica K on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 pm

The country of Illyricum formally declares an alliance with the Land of the Pharaohs against the country of Yggrasil.
Angelica K
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelica K on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:34 am

It's been two hours. The country of Illyricum now increases her navy by 10 ships.
Angelica K
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BCase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:01 am

The countries of Pharaohs and Illyricum declare an alliance with Digitopilis. Hint to Coolks: Now would be a really good time to make alliances because you want to win, don't you?

BCase
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BCase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 am

After two hours that feel like a day, I have decided to assimilate the land at (row 11, column 9), enabling me to attack I Guess I Really Don't Care Which One (IGIRDCWO).

Last edited by BCase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

BCase
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BCase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:27 pm

I now increase the naval fleet for Pharaohs by 10 ships.

BCase
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

BCase wrote:After two hours that feel like a day, I have decided to assimilate the land at (row 11, column 9), enabling me to attack I Guess I Really Don't Care Which One (IGIRDCWO).

You are only allowed to assimilate land that is 1 cell away from you. Thus, since you answered it correctly, I gave you a different cell of land.

Koolks has shown no means of retaliation, thus 2 cells of land from Yggrasil are allotted to Illycrium and Pharoahs. I was hoping to give a math test but you need two active users engaged in war to do so. Crying or Very sad

Since Koolks may be on vacation or something similar, her land shall be temporarily controlled until she returns. That is it may be controlled by me or native tribes. (When controlled by me, I shall unleash storms and destroy the majority of encompassing naval fleets when I have the chance. When controlled by tribes, nothing significant happens.)

Random.org (2 out of 3) has decided that I shall take control of that land. It is at this point, now that I have land, I would like to separate the wimps from the mathematicians. Twisted Evil

The wizard controlling Yggrasil brews a storm to kill his impetuous foe. Difficult 3 question math test for the two closest territories. You may not offer help to each other at this stage.

Spoiler:
1. How many factors 21^75 have?

Spoiler:
2. The radius of circle O is 12 inches and segment AB and CD are tangent to the circle at B and D respectively. AB= 16, and CD= 5 inches. What is OC + OA in inches?

Spoiler:
3. How many ways are there to order 3 math books, 2 history textbooks, and 1 Latin book on a shelve, if there has to be a math book on both ends of the arrangment. Assume that each book is distinguishable.

The wizard exclaims "Foolish countries of Pharoahs and Illychrium. You must solve 2/3 of the above questions or else 3 cells ( affraid ) of your land will be burnt. Here is the current map. Be warned, that only good MathCounts students will pass this stage. Twisted Evil "

(Note afterwards you may discuss each problem in the Algebra, Geometry, and Counting and Probability forums respectively. Other countries are allowed to give the test unofficially)

Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelica K on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

The country of Illyricum attempts to assimilate cell [7,8].
Angelica K
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BCase on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I would like to assimilate cell (row 3, column 15). Is there a new question I have to answer?

BCase
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolks on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 pm

The country Yggrasil declares an alliance with The Land of the Pharoahs and Illychrium

Coolks
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolks on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 pm

I am not on vacation and I want my land back!!!

Coolks
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Coolks wrote:The country Yggrasil declares an alliance with The Land of the Pharoahs and Illychrium

Apologies, but they seem allied against you. Possibly form an alliance with someone else.

In the meanwhile, you may have your land back. But the three questions above may be solved for either assimilation or more naval fleets. (The land Illycrium and Pharoahs won't be burnt, to my sadness. Suspect )
Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolks on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Spoiler #1 = 2

Coolks
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolks on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Since I can't alliance with The Land of the Pharoahs or Illychrium I declare one with Ojia

Coolks
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Archis on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Coolks wrote:Spoiler #1 = 2

Private message/email me the problem and the answer so as not to reveal it to others. But I don't believe that's correct for any one of these, sorry.
Archis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next